Real Lettings Good Neighbour Scheme
What is The Good Neighbour?
The Good Neighbour is a volunteering service for Real Lettings' tenants. All of the people who move into Real Lettings properties have experienced homelessness in the past but are now ready to live independently. Good Neighbours provide one-to-one support via phone or email to Real Lettings' tenants on a weekly basis to reduce their social isolation and help them gain the confidence to become part of the local community.
Good Neighbours tasks will include:
- Offering support and advocacy.
- Helping to identify goals.
- Helping to link into local activities and services.
- We also ask that you make a six month commitment.
Real Lettings will set up the relationship, and support Good Neighbours throughout the relationship.
Who are Real Lettings' Tenants?
Real Lettings' tenants are people have experienced homelessness in the past and are looking for a suitable home in order to get their lives back on track.
Real Lettings' tenants come from all walks of life. We carefully match each tenant and Good Neighbour to ensure the relationship is as positive and successful as possible.
What skills do I need to become a Good Neighbour?
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commitment, reliability and punctuality.
- Patience, persistence and Resilience.
- The ability to treat tenants with sensitivity and respect.
- The ability to see possible solutions rather than obstacles.
- A non-judgemental attitude towards the tenant you support.
- The ability to keep to boundaries and adhere to Broadway’s confidentiality policy.
The Good Neighbour is supported by L&Q, one of the largest not-for-profit Housing Associations in the UK
If you are interested in becoming a Good Neighbour, would like to find out more or request an application pack please call the team on 020 7710 0660 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Friday 1st April.