The Broadway Centre
The Broadway Centre provides vital care such as showers and laundry facilities, access to GPs, a telephone and mailing address and training opportunities.
Services provided at The Broadway Centre include:
Health Services: in the morning people have the opportunity to use our Health Services at the Broadway Centre. Homeless people have difficulty in gaining access to health services. 60% of people who visit the Broadway Centre have issues with their health.
We employ three health specialists [Mental Health, Alcohol Misuse and Drugs Misuse], who are on hand to provide help and support and refer people to relevant services where necessary. We provide a drop in service for people to see a GP, nurse and podiatrist and deliver a range of health education activities.
Hammersmith and Fulham Health and Homelessness Project Annual Report 2012-13
Education and Learning Services: From Midday anyone wishing to stay at the Centre is asked to get involved in our Work and Learning Service, which offers:
- IT classes
- independent living skills training [from budgeting to cooking]
- basic education to vocational guidance and referral to employment training]
- music and keeping fit
Work and Employment: Less than 5% of people who visit the Broadway Centre have a job. Last year, 822 clients engaged in a range of learning & work activities. What we do:
- Employ an Essential Skills Tutor to equip people with basic literacy and numerical skills – the first step to gaining employment
- Run a weekly job club assisting people to complete a CV and apply for work
- Have links with specialist job agencies to refer people on to
- Provide mock interviews for people to practice and improve their interview techniques
- Help people to gain training and qualifications through accredited courses
Broadway merged with St Mungo's on 1 April 2014 to form St Mungo's Broadway.
Read all about St Mungo’s Broadway by visiting our new website at www.mungosbroadway.org.uk/services
Further links on this site relate to Broadway's pre-existing services and projects. You may view further services run by St Mungo's at our new website www.mungosbroadway.org.uk/services