Work and Learning
Broadway merged with St Mungo's on 1 April 2014 to form St Mungo's Broadway.
Read all about St Mungo’s Broadway by visiting our new website at www.mungosbroadway.org.uk/services
Further links on this site relate to Broadway's pre-existing services and projects. You may view further services run by St Mungo's at our new website www.mungosbroadway.org.uk/services
‘Every client finds and keeps a job’
There are some important features of successful delivery for our clients:
- Person-centred – the importance of tailoring our approach to meet individual need. Staff understand the range of support needs that can impact on an individual’s ability to find work, including health, addiction and housing needs.
- Persistent – staff recognise that it takes time and effort to support some clients back to work. There is an understanding of the ‘two steps forward one step back’ dynamic, common to individuals with low levels of confidence and skills.
- Timely – staff aim to provide the right intervention at the right time and support doesn’t necessarily stop when a client moves into work. Some clients need in-work support during their first year of employment to help them to stay in work and progress to new opportunities.
Our aims in supporting clients to move closer to getting and staying in employment:
1. Put work and learning at the heart of what we do
2. Build clients’ confidence, self esteem and motivation.
3. Support clients to develop their individual skills, knowledge and attitudes needed to find and sustain employment.
4. Increase the number of clients who get into paid and voluntary work, job related training and education.
Read more about our services